* Please contact us for availability before
* Pre-Order to assure shipping when available *
The blade has been constructed from two grades of carbon steel. This technique
is called a Sanmai Lamination. The Core of the Katana has been constructed from
a high carbon steel allowing the cutting edge to be very hard and retain a sharp
edge. The core is then sandwiched between medium carbon that reinforce the
blades core but still allow flexibility. Each layer must be meticulously
constructed then forged together. This requires a master smith, any crack or
imperfection renders the entire blade useless. The result of this construction
is a blade with an HRC of 40 degrees on the Mune and 57 HRC on the Ha.
* Overall Length: 41.5 "
* Blade: Razor Sharp
* Blade Length: 29.5 "
* Blade Width @ Habaki: 1.2”
* Blade Thickness @ Habaki: 0.3”
* Blade Width @ Kissaki: 0.9”
* Blade Thickness @ Kissaki: 0.2”
* Kissaki Length: 1.6”
* Sori: 0.6”
* Blade Material: Folded Carbon Steel
* Tsuka Length: 11 "
* Hardness: 40 HRC/57 HRC
* Blade Width Length: 1.125 "
* Fittings: Brass
* Lamination: Sanmai
* Handle Material: Ray Skin
* Accessories: Wooden Collectors Box, Cleaning Kit, Sword Bag